[R] Need R Version 1.8.0 or earlier

Barry Rowlingson B.Rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Oct 5 17:58:13 CEST 2004

Michael Weber wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I need R in Version 1.8.0 or earlier. I also need the packages foreign, x-table and gregmisc for this version. Does anyone know where I can get it?

Start here:
  http://www.r-project.org/

Click CRAN. Choose a mirror.

Follow the "Source code of  older versions of R is available here." link
from the CRAN page.

You'll have to compile this, I cant find an archive of binaries. Easy on
Linux, poss fiddly on Windows.

If you then go to the 'Contributed Extension Packages' link, you'll find
an 'Archive' link at the bottom. Go there. Lots of old and crusty code.

But now you really want to get the most recent version that still works
with R-1.8.0 (or whichever). Tricky. You really need to download all the
versions for the packages you want, look at the DESCRIPTION files, and
check the Depends: fields.

I did start work on a utility to do this, to make it easy to find the
most recent version of a package for a given R version, but stopped half
way through. Some other day...

Baz