[R] Repeated measures

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Wed Oct 6 14:07:38 CEST 2004

I have a data set in which I have 5000 repeated measures on 6 subjects
over time (varying intervals, but measurements for all individuals are
at the same times).  There are two states, a "resting" state (the
majority of the time), and a perturbed state.  I have a continuous
measurement at each time point for each of the individuals.  I would
like to determine the "state" for each individual at each time point.
It looks to me like I should be able to do this with the "hidden"
command from the "repeated" package
(http://popgen0146uns50.unimaas.nl/~jlindsey/rcode.html), but I have
found it a bit confusing to get started.  The distributions in the two
states are approximately normal with differences in centrality and
possibly variance (but I can start by assuming similar variances).

Thanks,
Sean