[R] lattice package for R 2.0.0

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Oct 6 14:10:55 CEST 2004

stefan.albrecht at allianz.com wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to install packages with the new R 2.0.0. However for
> several packages, like MASS, lattice or R2HTML, I get an error like:
>

>>library(lattice)
>
> Error in library(lattice) : 'lattice' is not a valid package --
> installed < 2.0.0?

Eh? "lattice" and "MASS" (the latter from bundle "VR") are both
recommended packages that are both shipped with the released version of
R. You don't need to download them separately.

> However, I have just downloaded the latest versions from CRAN.
>
> As far as lattice is concerned, it seems that the Windows binary is
> not the latest version of lattice (0.9-16 vs. 0.10-11).

It is:
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.0/lattice_0.10-11.zip

Where do you look, maybe a mirror that is not completely up to date?

See also http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/checkSummaryWin.html

Uwe Ligges