[R] library/utils/man/utils.RD.gz : Nosuch file or directory

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 7 13:17:41 CEST 2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Luis Rideau Cruz wrote:

> R-help
>
> I have installed R 2.0.0 ( Windows) on my machine and had several
> 'crashes' while working on it.
>
> I have reinstalled a couple of times and still got strange behaviour
> from time to time(screen goes white and no prompt is printed out,,,)
>
> Last time I have reinstalled I checked the md5sum.txt (md5sum output
> for the setup program and went O.K) and also Md5 from which I paste a
> piece of output :
>
> .
> .
> md5sum: library/utils/man/utils.Rd.gz: No such file or directory
> library/utils/man/utils.Rd.gz: FAILED open or read
> .
> .
> .
> md5sum: library/tools/man/tools.Rd.gz: No such file or directory
> library/tools/man/tools.Rd.gz: FAILED open or read
>
> .
> .
> md5sum: WARNING: 25 of 3229 listed files could not be read

That's fine as you probably did not install those files (they are
optional).

*However*, no one ever suggested that you run md5sum over the enclosed
md5sum.txt, but rather that you run the enclosed md5check.exe program
which knows how to find out which files you installed. See the CHANGES
file for how to use this.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk