[R] Repeated measures

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Thu Oct 7 14:19:31 CEST 2004

Dan,

Thanks for the reply.  To be a bit more specific, the "time" variable
continuous and the measurement is a real value at random intervals.  I
would, ultimately, like to define a state for each measured point
through time.  In my specific case right now, the state could be
described as a binomial random variable with unknown p and measure is a
continuous predictor.  I don't have a function for
autocorrelation--this would have to be estimated from the data.  In
R-speak, the data would be something like:

x <- runif(1000,max=50000000)
y <- c(rnorm(150,0),rnorm(350,b),rnorm(10,a),rnorm(490,0)) # just as an
example--region lengths and positions vary

For my current specific case, I would like to find the region where the
mean is a=b!=0 (the perturbed state) as compared to the other region
where mean is 0 (the unperturbed state).

In a more general case, I would like to find all regions and states
where a!=b!=0 and have state(a) be distinct from state(b), if it is
"justifiably" different.

Thanks,

Sean