[R] Problem compiling R 2.0.0 on windows

Roman Belenov rbelenov at yandex.ru
Thu Oct 7 16:29:32 CEST 2004

Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> We do not support cygwin (too many bugs over the years) even with
> -mno-cygwin, so you are on your own.

That's OK, I don't expect any "formal" support in any sence.

> Suggestion: build under the supported tools first so you know what to
> expect.

That means downloading standalone Mingw tools that breaks initial point of
compiling R from sources - saving the bandwidth (I just wanted to compile the
sources under Linux and Windows). I'll consider it if I won't be able to do a
cygwin build after some time though.

>>   making bootstrap versions of packages ...
>
> There should be lines here, so if this were a fresh build something is
> badly wrong.

No, it was just another 'make' run on partly built system. $(RHOME)/library
directory is already populated with DESCRIPTIONs, help files and R sources.

--
 							With regards, Roman.