[R] R 2.0.0 not suffisantly reliable to be be used

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Sun Oct 10 20:46:15 CEST 2004

Fan <xiao.gang.fan1 <at> libertysurf.fr> writes:

:
: After wasting one whole day, I've finally decided to stay with 1.9.1,
: some problems have been reported to R-Bugs.
:
: For occasional users, I would say, there's no worst thing than that:
: you installed the new release, and soem of your existing codes no
: longer work !

Based on your bug postings it may be that your problems stem
from how you are using dates and times.  I suggest you
read the R Help Desk article in R News 4/1 which you can find at
www.r-project.org by clicking on Newsletter in left pane and choosing
the indicated issue.