[R] R 2.0.0 not suffisantly reliable to be be used

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Sun Oct 10 23:57:24 CEST 2004

> From: Fan
>
> After wasting one whole day, I've finally decided to stay with 1.9.1,
> some problems have been reported to R-Bugs.
>
> For occasional users, I would say, there's no worst thing than that:
> you installed the new release, and soem of your existing codes no
> longer work !

Given the attitude that you've taken, I'd guess you do not deserve the
improvements introduced in R-2.0.0.  If you are at all serious about having
your code working with R-2.0.0, you would have tested it in the alpha/beta
cycle, and try to resolve it before the official release, rather than
ranting about it after the fact.  Most people know better, and will not
appreciate how you denigrate R-core's effort.

Andy

ps: If it's too hard for you to learn to spell, at least learn to use a
spell checker.