[R] plotting with multiple files

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 12 09:15:20 CEST 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, T. Murlidharan Nair wrote:

> I need to generate plots from several multiple file and I am doing this

I presume you are making plots from *data* in those files rather than R
scripts, but you did not say.

> by reading it as a list using c(file1, file2.....).
> Since I need to either print the plots or save it as an plot image while
> generating  the plots in a loop, has anyone
> done this before.

Yes.  (I have no idea what you really want to know here, so am answering
the question you actually asked.  Please read the posting guide and its
references and try to ask smarter questions.)

> Also is there a getchar() equivalent in R, I mean just
> to wait for an input from the console so that
> I can print before it plots the next plot.

?readline, par(ask=TRUE).

However, whilst the console is waiting for input, *you* can print, but you
cannot run R commands to print.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk