[R] covariate selection?

Christian Mora christian_mora at vtr.net
Wed Oct 13 01:07:05 CEST 2004

Hi Ian
Have you tried help.search("pca")?
Christian

-----Original Message-----
From: r-help-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch
[mailto:r-help-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch] On Behalf Of Martínez Ovando
Juan Carlos
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 7:56 PM
To: Ian Fiske
Cc: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: RE: [R] covariate selection?

Hello Ian,

Sorry. I don't really understand your problem, which is of model
selection. That's right?

You could use some criteria based in likelihood. For instante Akaike
(AIC) or Schwarz criteria (BIC), see:

?AIC

?mle.aic

(The best model is determined minimizing AIC or BIC).

I hope this help you.

Greetings,

		Juan Carlos