[R] Problem with R version 2.0.0 (and patched)

Jean Vidal jean.vidal at freesurf.fr
Thu Oct 14 22:38:34 CEST 2004

What I am doing : create a simple correlation matrix on 41 variables, then
plot an heatmap with this program :

library(gplots)
mat<-cor(temp.alln,use="pairwise.complete.obs")
hm<-heatmap.2(mat,symm=T)
HM<-format(round(mat[hm[[1]],hm[[2]]],2))
library(RColorBrewer)
brewer.pal(10,"Spectral")->mp
heatmap.2(mat,  symm = TRUE, col = mp,
             trace='none',breaks=seq(-1,1,.2),rowsep=5,
             cellnote=HM,notecex=.6,notecol='black' )

If I repeat 5 times the heatmap command, I get what can be called a "crash"
of the Rgui. A little Microsoft dialog box appears telling that a problem
has occured and that I should send the error report (AppName:
rgui.exe     AppVer: 2.0.41004.0     ModName: r.dll
ModVer: 2.0.41004.0      Offset: 000c4c18) to Mr Gates. The Rgui seems to
be frozen with the little sandbox, and vanishes when I close or the Windows
error dialog or the graphic window.
This happens with this version on my home PC (Windows XP)
 > version
          _
platform i386-pc-mingw32
arch     i386
os       mingw32
system   i386, mingw32
status
major    2
minor    0.0
year     2004
month    10
day      04
language R

But I have the same problem on my work computer (NT2000) .
I installed the patched version, which still crashes in the same way.
 > version
          _
platform i386-pc-mingw32
arch     i386
os       mingw32
system   i386, mingw32
status   Patched
major    2
minor    0.0
year     2004
month    10
day      09
language R

It crashes in the same way with the following message :
"the instruction at "0x6b4c4c18" uses the memory address "0xa00130bb". The
memory cannot be "written".
Click on "OK" to terminate the program."
(This is a  translation from the french message )

Hope this can help  you to  track the problem.