[R] sapply and loop

Zhen Pang nusbj at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 16 06:50:06 CEST 2004

Dear all,

I am doing 200 times simulation. For each time, I generate a matrix and
define some function on this matrix to get a 6 dimension vector as my
results.

As the loop should be slow, I generate 200 matrice first, and save them into
a list named ma,
then I define zz<-sapply(ma, myfunction)

To my surprise, It almost costs me the same time to get my results if I
directly use a loop from 1 to 200. Is it common? Can I improve any further?

Ps, how to count the exact time to finish my code?

Thanks.

Zhen