[R] 20,000 * 6 data values

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Sat Oct 16 12:14:18 CEST 2004

Sun,

There are hundreds using R for microarray analysis.  You probably want to
avail yourself of the bioconductor tools (http://www.bioconductor.org).
20,000 rows with 6 data values is a small data set, by microarray standards,
and is easily handled by R and the bioconductor tools.  I routinely analyze
a couple of hundred experiments with 40-50k rows, and most of the time, that
doesn't push R very hard (on my 2 processor, 4Gb machine, at least).

Sean