[R] Lazy loading... advices

Philippe Grosjean phgrosjean at sciviews.org
Sun Oct 17 10:58:04 CEST 2004

Dear Douglas, Uwe and Martin,

Thank you for your prompt reply,... And thank you for reminding me that
library <> package. When I learned R, I was thinking library = package, as
well as workspace = environment... And now it appears this is deep in my
memory, despite I read several times the explanation on the difference!

I have read that R-news article, but too fast, certainly. First, I probably
need to use "Imports" somewhere, and second, I am most certainly in the same
case as Rcmdr, thus I must try "LazyLoad: no". Also, I don't use a
"NAMESPACE" yet (all the functions must be visible, except one, so a little
gain). But, may be, I should try with its "Import()" entry?

Regarding the long "Depends", the reason is that the GUI API adds a layer on
top of many other functions. This is rather unusual. I check this, and it
happens to be correct.

Best,

Philippe