[R] Robust regression with groups

Dimitris Rizopoulos dimitris.rizopoulos at med.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Oct 20 16:08:21 CEST 2004

Hi Angelo,

There are two possible options (at least to my knowledge):

1. to use a random-effects model, either using `lme' (packages: nlme,
lme4) if you have normal data or `glmmPQL' (package: MASS) or `GLMM'
(package: lme4) or `glmmML' (package:glmmML) if you cannot use the
normal distribution.

2. to use a gee model with a robust (sandwich) std.error estimation.
See at `gee' (package: gee) and `geese' (package: geepack).

I hope this helps.

Best,
Dimitris

----
Dimitris Rizopoulos
Ph.D. Student
Biostatistical Centre
School of Public Health
Catholic University of Leuven

Address: Kapucijnenvoer 35, Leuven, Belgium
Tel: +32/16/396887
Fax: +32/16/337015
Web: http://www.med.kuleuven.ac.be/biostat/
     http://www.student.kuleuven.ac.be/~m0390867/dimitris.htm