[R] console under Mandrake

Adrian Dusa adi at roda.ro
Fri Oct 22 20:54:09 CEST 2004

Thank you for your both answers,

As you might have guessed, I am initiating myself in the Linux wizardry. I
have absolutely nothing against command line, I was just heavily used to the
Windows console mode; a terminal window is just fine. Actually, I only used
the console to install packages from CRAN, anyway; I'm sure I'll find the
commands for this.
I read the manuals; it probably didn't work for me because I do not use GNOME
but KDE.

So command line it is... and most probably ESS.
Best regards,
Adrian