[R] unable to open connection

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 25 09:11:30 CEST 2004

Actually, you are unable to connect to the Internet from R on your
computer.  Perhaps you are not connected, or need to set a proxy?

Please read the rw-FAQ, as the posting guide asks.

Note that right now you there are no packages on CRAN and Bioconductor has
not yet released packages for R 2.0.x.  The first is a short-term problem,
and the second needs a little patience (look at
http://www.bioconductor.org which has variously mentioned Oct 25 and Nov
1).