[R] ploting an ellipse keeps giving errors

Jari Oksanen jarioksa at sun3.oulu.fi
Wed Oct 27 11:04:11 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 11:34, Sun wrote:
> library (ellipse)
>
> shape1 = c (1, 0, 0,1)
> dim(shape1) = c(2,2)
> ellipse (center = c(0,0), shape = shape1, radius = 1)
>
> =============================
> Error in plot.xy(xy.coords(x, y), type = type, col = col, lty = lty, ...) :
>         plot.new has not been called yet
>

> It is really frustrating. Also what do the shape matrix, radius correspond to an ellipse function
>
> (x-x0)^2/a + (y-y0)^2/b = 1
>
> ? Please advise!

Sun, did you read the ?ellipse help page? I just read, but I didn't find
arguments 'center', 'shape' or 'radius' there. It could be useful to use
argument specified in the help page.  Section 'Details' of ?ellipse
explains the parametrization.

cheers, jari oksanen

--
Jari Oksanen <jarioksa at sun3.oulu.fi>