[R] ploting an ellipse keeps giving errors

Sun sun at cae.wisc.edu
Wed Oct 27 11:25:00 CEST 2004

Thank you. I found there are two ellipses

1.
R2.0
library (car)

2.
R1.9 and R2.0
library (ellipse)

And they are different! I can't run 1.

But the 2. is kind of specialized for t-distribution confidence and so on.

I need to find a general ellipse for an ellipse equation like
(x-x0)^2/a + (y-y0)^2/b =1

. Since I used chi-square percentile not t. I am trying to obtain the large
sample 95% simultaneous confidence ellipse for two population means (say,
weight and height). The input are the two sample means and their
covariances.

Maybe I have to make my own ellipse function.

Sun