[R] Error with package update

Dan Bebber danbebber at forestecology.co.uk
Thu Oct 28 12:42:22 CEST 2004

I received the following error when I attempted to update my packages:

updating HTML package descriptions
Warning messages:
1: DESCRIPTION file of package  'file28862'  missing or broken
 in: packageDescription(p, lib = lib, fields = pkgFlds)
2: number of columns of result
        not a multiple of vector length (arg 2) in: rbind(retval, c(p, lib,
desc))
3: DESCRIPTION file of package  'file7460'  missing or broken
 in: packageDescription(p, lib = lib, fields = pkgFlds)
4: number of columns of result
        not a multiple of vector length (arg 2) in: rbind(retval, c(p, lib,
desc))
5: DESCRIPTION file of package  'file28862'  missing or broken
 in: packageDescription(i, fields = "Title", lib.loc = lib)
6: DESCRIPTION file of package  'file7460'  missing or broken
 in: packageDescription(i, fields = "Title", lib.loc = lib)

I am running R 2.0 on Windows XP.

Any ideas what caused this?

Many thanks,
Dan Bebber