[R] read.table in MacOSX

Matthew Forister mlforister at ucdavis.edu
Thu Oct 28 19:21:02 CEST 2004

I'm running R version 1.9.0 on Mac OS 10.3.5.  I have created text
files with data that I need to access from R.  When I use the
read.table command, I get the warning message: "cannot open file"

These text files DO work on a Mac with a previous version of R.

I have tried pasting the data into a new text file, but I just can't
make a file that the current version of R will open (I have tried
this both with Word and with the native OSX text edit program).

Am I doing something wrong or is there some incompatibility here?

--
Matthew L Forister