[R] Installation problems with R.classes bundle

Michael Griffiths Michael.Griffiths at lgc.co.uk
Fri Oct 29 13:35:01 CEST 2004

Firstly hi to everyone on the list,

I am new to this list ans also R so please forgive the simplicity of my
questions over the next few months.

I have version R 1.9.1 and want to perform z-scoring for a benchmarking
procedure. I have tried to install Henrik Bengtsson's R.classes bundle
(http://www.maths.lth.se/help/R/R.classes). I have downloaded the .zip
file and placed the relevant folders in my working directory
(C:\programs\R\rw1091\library). These include R.audio, R.basic and
R.oo.

The instrauctions on the website then say to:

Verify by loading the R.oo package, e.g. library(R.oo). I have tried
this and all I keep getting os the following error message:

> library(R.oo)
Error in firstlib(which.lib.loc, package) :
        couldn't find function "lazyLoad"
In addition: Warning message:
package R.oo was built under R version 2.0.0
Error in library(R.oo) : .First.lib failed

Does anyone have any clues as to what I have done wrong?

Thankyou for your help.

Mike Griffiths

Michael Griffiths, Ph.D.
Chemometrician