[R] Problem in building a package in R 2.0.0

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Oct 31 13:35:39 CET 2004

Please read what it says about installing R in a path containing spaces in
README.packages.  I don't know if this is due to the sources being in a
path with spaces in or the package, although I expect the former as I can
build packages in paths with spaces in by using the short form as
recommended.

To quote:

  BEWARE: Don't expect this to work if the path to R_HOME contains spaces.
  It may work, but we don't recommend it.

There is another error: you have WINHELP set to YES and have not installed
HHW.