[R] new user and non parametric test

Christoph Lange christoph.lange at tuebingen.mpg.de
Fri Sep 3 11:32:58 CEST 2004

(Reply to Paolo Ariano)

Hi, Paolo!

> i'm trying to do my statistical analysis with R (on a debianGNULinux)
> i've installed R and now i'll try to import my data from .xls
>
> Where to search for non parametric test in R ?
> I'm studing neurons velocity and i've to check if after the perfusion
> with a factor x the velocity changes but as my variable is not normally
> ditributed i've to try with non parametric test (i think)

?wilcox.test
?friedman.test

etc. - it's true. I didn't find an easy way to find certain test in R
either. But e.g.

  apropos("wilcox")

will help.

Furthermore I recommend the book

@Book{siegel88,
  Author         = {Siegel, S. and Castellan, N. J.},
  Title          = {Nonparametric Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences},
  Publisher      = {McGraw-Hill, Inc.},
  Address        = {Singapore},
  year           = 1988,
}

Regards,
  Christoph.

--
Christoph Lange
MPI fuer biologische Kybernetik  |Phone: +49-7071-601-607|