[R] using text on the x axis ticks rather than numbers

Rajarshi Guha rxg218 at psu.edu
Tue Sep 7 19:52:29 CEST 2004

Hello,
  is there a way in which I can use text labels rather than numbers on
the x axis ticks? I basically have a vector of (say) 8 points and I want
to plot these sequentially. Thus the x axis would have ticks at 1 .. 8.
Rather than having the labels 1 .. 8 I would like to have some arbitrary
text labels.

Ideally I would like the labels to be rotated (say at 45 degrees) so
that they don't overlap with each other.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Rajarshi Guha <rxg218 at psu.edu> <http://jijo.cjb.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 0CCA 8EE2 2EEB 25E2 AB04 06F7 1BB9 E634 9B87 56EE