[R] Installing packages on OS X

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 20:25:34 CEST 2004

On my computer, it seems that (binary?) packages installed through the
GUI in RAqua are not used available to the command line version of R,
while (source) packages installed with R CMD INSTALL are available to
both.  This is a problem when I run R CMD CHECK on a package that I am
creating that depends on packages I have installed through the gui.

Is this a problem with my installation of R, or a known limitation?
(there is no mention of this in the Mac OS X faq, however, the entire
section entitled "Installing packages" is blank).

Thanks,

Hadley