[R] How to plot the estimated age-specific cumulative risk function?

wanr@ucalgary.ca wanr at ucalgary.ca
Thu Sep 9 22:13:42 CEST 2004

The hypothetical data is displayed as follows.

ID   Age1   cens1     Age2        cens2
1     81       0       85             1
2     42       1       48             0
3     37       1       55             0
4     54       0       56             0
5     35       0       37             0
6     38       0       38             1
7     29       0       30             0
8     40       0       40             1

where Age1 is the event time for a disease;
cens1 is the censor variable for the disease (1=hold the disease);
Age2 is the event time for death (in years);
cens2 is the censor variable for death (1=died).

First, I might use surv.obj <- survfit(); then I could get estimated
cumulative risk function (cdf) by 1 - surv.obj$surv.

However, it is tedious to plot this cdf in usual way. My question is whether
there exit some specific functions to plot this cdf easily and whether I can
set the horizontal axis as individul's age.

I am a beginner in survival analysis and I might not state my questions
clear enough. Thanks for your understanding and help in advance.

Rui