[R] R conversion

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri Sep 10 02:57:07 CEST 2004

Dear Mark,

See ?factanal for a factor-analysis function, in the standard stats package
(though factanal does ML factor analysis and not principal axes). Note that
help.search("factor analysis") turns this up.

With respect to your last question, it's not possible to know the source of
the difference without knowing what the difference is. A guess is that
specifying proportion=0.9 in SAS causes the program to use communality
estimates rather than 1's on the diagonal of the correlation matrix.

I hope this helps,
 John