[R] Proposal for New R List: Criticism? Comments?

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Fri Sep 10 04:54:44 CEST 2004

There is another issue to be considered. Currently you need to have the
relevant packages installed before help.search() bring it up. My work
around this is to install all available packages just in case the
function I need is nestled in some non-standard packages. I also update
them rather frequently. This is clearly unattractive to some, especially
busy system administrators.

For some suggestions to this problem, see my posting at
   https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2004-June/029763.html

Regards, Adai