[R] Proposal for New R List: Criticism? Comments?

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Fri Sep 10 17:40:47 CEST 2004

My thanks to all who commented, both publicly and privately. There seems to
be some agreement that some sort of better "indexing" system (for want of a
better term) to help users find the functionality they need is desirable,
but very little support for my proposal. So be it -- the vox populii has
spoken!

However, I hope that the discussion may yet catalyze some further thought
and ultimately useful improvements or changes in what is currently
available, whether in R, on CRAN, or from individual web sites like Jonathan
Baron's.

Again, my thanks to all for your ideas.

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech Non-Clinical Statistics
South San Francisco, CA

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze the scientific learning
process."  - George E. P. Box