[R] Confused about loading other packages from a package

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 00:18:03 CEST 2004

> Roger's other one is the best one: use pre-2.0.0 and have
> Depends: marrayClasses in your DESCRIPTION file.
>
> Having require(marrayClasses) in install.R in your package may work,
> although you may need it in R_PROFILE.R as well.

Adding require(marrayClasses) to install.R stops the error appearing
when loading the package, but now I get the error when installing the
package.  If I add it to R_PROFILE.R as well, the package won't
install with the following error:

** save image
Error: syntax error
Execution halted
ERROR: execution of package source for 'maVis' failed

Any more ideas?

Thanks,

Hadley