[R] can't get the quartz window to the background

Tamas K Papp tpapp at Princeton.EDU
Sun Sep 12 19:50:21 CEST 2004

Dear List,

I have switched from Linux to OS X, and I find the R interface there
really nice.  I am using Emacs+ESS, and the quartz device.

My only problem is that

1. I can't move the quartz window, whenever I go above it I see a
   spinning rainbow circle (AFAIK that means "I am busy" or "can't
   touch me" in OS X)

2. Once something gets in front of it, I cannot raise it any more.

3. I don't see it when I cycle the windows with Alt-Tab

I am sure that I am missing something, read the manual and searched
the archives, but found no solution to this.  That might be because I
am really new to OS X.

Thanks,

Tamas