[Rd] Re: [R] Sweave echoing comments (again)

Friedrich.Leisch@tuwien.ac.at Friedrich.Leisch at tuwien.ac.at
Mon Sep 13 12:01:32 CEST 2004

  > Hi!
  > I observed it also. There are cases where it is not desirable. It
  > will be quite helpfull, if possible, to have a parameter that
  > allows one to switch of removing the #comments.

The problem is that the parser does not keep the comments, and I need
to parse & deparse the source in order to know when expressions are
complete, such that I can insert the ourtput in the right places.

Currently there is no way of keepng the comments in Sweave code
chunks.

Best,
Fritz

PS: I am promising a workaround for quite some time now, but haven't
had the time to code that yet, so don't hold your breath.