[R] Howto enlarge fonts size in R- Graphics?

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Tue Sep 14 14:22:08 CEST 2004

Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> The X11 device has an argument `pointsize' (which may well mean pixel size
> in a particular implementation of X11, as my laptop for example has width,
> height and pointsize all much smaller than specified):  just increase it.
>
> The advice to look at ?par is incorrect if you want to scale everything,
> as I think you do.
>
> If you want auto-launched windows to have a larger font, you need to write
> a wrapper to X11 and set options(device=wrapper_name).

Also, check out the dpi settings for your display (xdpyinfo). If this
is set lower than the physical reality, then pointsizes are
overestimated (so fonts are smaller than they should be). How to
change it is left as an exercise....

BTW, it's 1.9.1, 1.91 is not in the plans (and wouldn't be for the
next forty years or so).