[R] A question please

Jeff Laake jeff.laake at noaa.gov
Tue Sep 14 21:57:41 CEST 2004

Lawrence-

Are you familiar with the computer software MARK
(http://www.cnr.colostate.edu/~gwhite/mark/mark.htm)?
It is a very complete package for analysis of capture-recapture data.  I
have written an interface to MARK in R but it isn't ready for
distribution. I'm presently in the process of creating the R help files
and turning it into an R package. No promises on when I'll be done
though. Currently my R interface does not support all of the models nor
capabilities in MARK.  It is an evolving package. I developed it for my
own use to be able to use the formula and design matrix capabilities in
R to more easily develop models in MARK. I'm a little hesitant to send
this message because I'm not looking to provide package support.    You
may also want to be aware of the package WISP for R written by Walter
Zucchini and David Borchers as a companion to his book on abundance
estimation. See http://www.ruwpa.st-and.ac.uk/estimating.abundance/WiSP/

I'd be interested in hearing of other responses that you receive.

--jeff