[R] getting started on Bayesian analysis

Anon. bob.ohara at helsinki.fi
Wed Sep 15 10:02:15 CEST 2004

Jari Oksanen wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 03:27, HALL, MARK E wrote:
>
>>  I've found
>>
>>Bayesian Methods: A Social and Behavioral Sciences Approach
>>by Jeff Gill
>>
>>useful as an introduction.  The examples are written in R and S with generalized scripts for doing
>>a variety of problems.  (Though I never got change-point analysis to successfully in R.)
>>

> Change point analysis? I haven't seen the book, but I read lecture
> handouts of one Bayesian course over here in Finland (Antti Penttinen,
> JyvÀskylÀ), and translated his example to R during one (rare) warm
> summer day in a garden. So do you mean this (binary case):

<snip>

> This was off-topic. So something about business: isn't the (Win)BUGS
> author working with a R port?

Yes, he is, and he's got it working in Windows.  But if anyone wants to
discuss how R does memory management with Andrew, he'll be all ears.

In the mean time, there is the R2WinBUGS package on CRAN for you to enjoy.

Bob

--
Bob O'Hara

Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics
P.O. Box 68 (Gustaf HÀllströmin katu 2b)
FIN-00014 University of Helsinki
Finland

Telephone: +358-9-191 51479
Mobile: +358 50 599 0540