[R] loading error of the Rcmdr library on Debian Sid

Thomas Schönhoff tom_woody at web.de
Wed Sep 15 12:01:06 CEST 2004

Hello,

I just tried to get Rcmdr package working, resulting in:

 > library(Rcmdr)
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
         unable to load shared library
"/usr/lib/R/site-library/rgl/libs/rgl.so":
   libnvidia-tls.so.1: cannot handle TLS data
Error in .C(symbol.C("rgl_quit"), success = FALSE, PACKAGE = "rgl") :
         C function name not in DLL for package rgl
This is mgcv 1.1-1
Error: Missing packages: rgl
Error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace
Error in library(Rcmdr) : package/namespace load failed

Missing rgl-package ?

thomas> dpkg -l |grep r-

r-cran-abind   1.1.0-1
r-cran-car     1.0.13-1
r-cran-foreign 0.7-1
r-cran-lattice 0.9.16-1
r-cran-mgcv    1.1.1.1-1
r-cran-rgl     0.64.13-1
r-cran-relimp  0.8.4-1
r-cran-rcmdr   0.9.11-1
r-cran-lmtest  0.9.6-2
r-cran-effects 1.0.5-1
r-cran-multcom 0.4.7-1
r-cran-mvtnorm 0.6.8-1

amongst other R related (basic and specific) packages.

Am I still missing some required packages to run RCommander smoothly?

My system:

Debian Sid (unstable)
GNU R 1.9.1
Xfree 4.3

Anyone else noticed this on Debian Sid whilst trying to run the R
Commander !? So far I didn't find a related bug report for Linux. Maybe
this is a Debian related problem, I really have no clue at the moment.

Regards
Thomas