[R] date library and notched boxplots

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Thu Sep 16 16:44:14 CEST 2004

smestrella <at> juno.com <smestrella <at> juno.com> writes:

:
: I'm having problems using the date library with notched boxplots.  I have
separate month, day, and year
: columns and would like to plot the columns as a date against other
variables.  I have used the
: mdy.date(month,day,year) command before with plot(), but it doesn't seem to
work with boxplot().
: Instead of the dates along the x-axis, I get a list of numbers.  Maybe I
have the code wrong?  I have used the
: help() menu in R, but with no success.
:
: Can somebody please help?

I think the reason no one is responding to your posts is that (1) not
many people use the date class (try using the Date class instead)
and (2) you are not providing a small reproduceable example of your
code together with the associated data so no one really knows the
specifics of your problem.   There is a link to the posting guide
at the bottom of each post.