[R] Problem with R-1.9.1 under Solaris 2.6

Ray.Lindsay@abare.gov.au Ray.Lindsay at abare.gov.au
Fri Sep 17 03:36:46 CEST 2004

Hi
I have installed R-1.9.1 on an 6 year old Sun running Solaris 2.6. After some initial failures to compile I used the :
gcc 2.7.2.3
f77
compilers with gnu make. [could not get gcc 3.4.1 to compile]
 All but one of the .c programs compiled [that being src/main/connections.c which I manually compiled using cc] and the
make check
tests all worked [apart from the internet].

However I get the following, where weight is a column vector :
> np <- sum(weight)
> n <- nrow(weight)
> weight <- as.single((n*weight)/np)
Error in structure(.Internal(as.vector(x, "double")), Csingle = TRUE) :
        (list) object cannot be coerced to double
> dim(weight)
[1] 38  1

> version
         _
platform sparc-sun-solaris2.6
arch     sparc
os       solaris2.6
system   sparc, solaris2.6
status
major    1
minor    9.1
year     2004
month    06
day      21
language R

I have searched the R-help and R-devel archives but not seen anything directly relevant. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ray Lindsay
Senior Statistician
Natural Resources Branch
ABARE
Canberra
Australia
+61-2-6272 2215

IMPORTANT - This message has been issued by The Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF).  The information transmitted is for the use of the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material.  It is your responsibility to check any attachments for viruses and defects before opening or sending them on.
Any reproduction, publication, communication, re-transmission, disclosure, dissemination or other use of the information contained in this e-mail by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  The taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.  If you have received this e-mail as part of a valid mailing list and no longer want to receive a message such as this one advise the sender by return e-mail accordingly.  Only e-mail correspondence which includes this footer, has been authorised by DAFF