[R] help with numerical solution for two simultaneous nonlinearequations in 2 variables

Charles Annis, P.E. Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
Fri Sep 17 05:07:49 CEST 2004

?optim  will be helpful.

Charles Annis, P.E.

Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
phone: 561-352-9699
eFax:  503-217-5849
http://www.StatisticalEngineering.com

-----Original Message-----
From: r-help-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch
[mailto:r-help-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch] On Behalf Of Joshi, Yogesh
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 10:54 PM
To: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: [R] help with numerical solution for two simultaneous
nonlinearequations in 2 variables

Hi,

I am relatively new to R and am trying to solve two simultaneous
nonlinear equations in two variables numerically, and was wondering if
anyone knew if any of the packages could do that.  An alternative is
writing my own code using Newton-Raphson; I did that but was not able to
get good convergence. Any ideas please?

Thanks

Yogesh

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]