[R] thickness of tick marks

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Sep 17 07:07:53 CEST 2004

It is par(lwd)
            ^
The device's current setting of par(lwd) does not affect that used by
axis() (as called by some plot methods).  So you have to call axis()
yourself.  ?axis would have told you the default was 1.

There was a wishlist item on R-bugs (PR#7223) to change this recently, and
some counter-arguments -- search on the R-devel list archives for more
details.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk