[R] WARNING: terminal is not fully functional

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Mon Sep 20 01:50:39 CEST 2004

Thomas Schönhoff <tom_woody at swissinfo.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Peter Dalgaard schrieb:
>> Thomas Schönhoff <tom_woody at swissinfo.org> writes:
>
>>>Hmm, I'm running R within Emacs without calling ESS diretly. Thought,
>>>that ESS is activated by default when invoking R!?
>>>Isn't this true!?
>> I thought you might think that...
>> No. Loading ESS creates M-x R, which you should use to start R and
>> get
>> all the associated goodies.
>
> Ooops, yes really tricky...... an M-x-ess-imenu-R (Godness, there are
> a lot of ess-entries!?) did the trick..
>
> Hmm, by the way, is there any tutorial or something similar point to
> how to use Emacs, ESS and GNU R?

There are a few, some at http://ESS.R-Project.org/

I'll put my versions up after I get settled in Basel (mid November).

best,
-tony

--
Anthony Rossini			    Research Associate Professor
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}