[R] findInterval in compiled code.

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon Sep 20 13:12:06 CEST 2004

    TobyP> Hi all,
    TobyP> I am writing some C code where I want to use the findInterval function
    TobyP> documented in "Writing R extensions/Utility functions". i.e. the
    TobyP> C-version not the R version.

(so, typically this should rather go to R-devel than R-help;
 but never mind for this time.)

    TobyP> It all compiles but the shared library is causing seg-faults and I'm
    TobyP> obviously stuffing something up.

probably

    TobyP> Has anyone got any examples of calling this function
    TobyP> they'd be will to share? I've searched through the
    TobyP> source of quite a few libraries and can't find any.

indeed, there aren't any in the CRAN packages.

If you don't get other feedback, do try to isolate the problem
into a very minimalistic example, and if the problem persists,
use R-devel
and give the details {maybe a URL to download the package source}
of your (minimalistic!) package setup.
Then, we can help you further.

Regards,
Martin Maechler