[R] asypow.noncent: how does it work?

david_foreman@doctors.org.uk david_foreman at doctors.org.uk
Mon Sep 20 12:33:37 CEST 2004

I am trying to do power calculations for the proportional odds model using the asypow library.

The code

noncenta90b10<-asypow.noncent(theta.ha=a9010,info.mat=infomatrixa90b10,constraints=constrt)

returns

Error in max(..., na.rm = na.rm) : invalid "mode" of argument.

the various arguments I've used are:
 a9010
           [,1]
[1,] -1.7357568
[2,] -0.1928619
specifying the theta.ha array as a row not a column makes no difference

> infomatrixa90b10
[1,]  0.967005807 -0.004699262
[2,] -0.004699262  0.903852346

> constrt
[1,] "1"  "a"  "-1.92861865194525"

I'm probably missing something very simple, but I can't see what it is.  Can anyone help?