[R] adding function to a Package

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Sep 21 10:20:42 CEST 2004

Stephen Henderson wrote:

> As a shortcut I have previously added my own functions to a Package (ipred)
> under R-1.8.1,  changing the NAMESPACE file to accomodate this then
> reinstalling. This doesn't now seem possible in R-1.9.0 is this correct?-- I
> am getting an error saying:
>
> "files NAMESPACE, R/ipred have the wrong MD5 checksums"
>
> after I try to reinstall (which I can understand). Is there a quick way
> round this avoiding having to build my own Package?

Looks like you have added to the binary rather than the soource package.
Please change the source package instaed and re-install.

BTW: It is a better idea to put the stuff in your own package, because
it will be hard for you to go with each update of ipred, since you have
to re-apply your patches again and again ...

Uwe Ligges