[R] R 1.9.1 Fails to Start on WinXP SP2

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Wed Sep 22 04:31:17 CEST 2004

Perhaps a couple of things to try before that:

1. See what Rterm.exe does.
2. See whether it makes any difference if the --vanilla flag is added to the
shortcut to Rgui.exe.  (E.g., was Rgui trying to load an existing .rda file
or execute some startup code on the computer that had the problem, and
otherwise on the other?)

Andy