[R] [Job Ad] Position at Merck Research Laboratories, NJ USA

Pikounis, Bill v_bill_pikounis at merck.com
Thu Sep 23 14:43:17 CEST 2004

Please direct *all* inquiries to Vladimir Svetnik, the hiring manager. His
contact information is below.

(Also, please accept my apologies, for cross-posting to those subscribed to
both R-help and S-news, and for any offense since this is a repost I made of
the same position month ago. That short time spacing will not be repeated.)

Thanks,
Bill

Job description:  Computational statistician/biometrician

The Biometrics Research Department at Merck Research Laboratories, Merck &
Co., Inc. in Rahway, NJ, is seeking a highly motivated statistician/data
analyst to work in its basic research and drug discovery area.  The
applicant should have broad expertise in statistical computing.   Experience
and/or education relevant to signal processing, image processing, pattern
recognition and machine learning are preferred.  The position will involve
providing statistical, mathematical, and software development support for
one or more of following areas: medical imaging, biological signal analysis,
and computational chemistry.   We are looking for a Ph.D. with a background
and/or post-doctoral experience in at least one of the following fields:
Statistics, Electrical/Computer or Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science,
Applied Mathematics, or Physics.   Advanced computer programming skills
(including, but not limited to R, S-PLUS, Matlab, C/C++) and excellent
communication skills are essential. An ability to lead statistical analysis
efforts within a multidisciplinary team is required.   The position may also
involve general statistical consulting and training.

Our dedication to delivering quality medicines in innovative ways and our
commitment to bringing out the best in our people are just some of the
reasons why we're ranked among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies to
Work for in America."  We offer a competitive salary, an outstanding
benefits package, and a professional work environment with a company known
for scientific excellence.  To apply, please forward your CV or resume and
cover letter to

ATTENTION: Open Position
Vladimir Svetnik, Ph.D.
Biometrics Research Dept.