[R] KS test

Florence Combes florence.combes at paris7.jussieu.fr
Mon Sep 27 16:17:14 CEST 2004

Dear all,

I have a question about the ks.test() function, in order to perform a
Kolmogorov-Smirnov test.

I think that my question is very simple for many of you, but I cannot find
an answer right now...

I have a sample, and I want to test if its distribution is normal. So I
would like to perform a one sample KS test but I cannot find the "y"
argument representing  the "character string naming a distribution
function" according to the ?ks.test help page.
It is impossible forme to have a list of these character strings naming a
distribution function.

I think it is "pnorm" for a normal distribution, bu I would like to be sure...

Thanks a lot for your help,

Florence.
PS: I know that the KS test is not the best test for normality, I also
performed the Shapiro-Wilk test.