[R] Creating a text codebook

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu Sep 30 20:35:03 CEST 2004

Dear Harold,

I'm not sure what you have in mind, but take a look at the prompt()
function, which can create a skeleton .Rd (R documentation) for a data
frame. It will distinguish between numeric variables and factors, and will
show the various levels of each factor. I don't think that there's any other
"relevant information" in the data frame.

I hope that this helps,
 John