[R] R FAQ 2.8

Robin Hankin r.hankin at soc.soton.ac.uk
Fri Apr 1 15:30:22 CEST 2005

Hi

[thanks to everyone for advice on Recall() and sapply()]

The R FAQ section 2.8 discusses how to cite R in publications, but does
not (AFAICS) tell
me how to describe R in a sentence.

To wit, in my latest paper (destined for Rnews)  one sentence reads:

"The R programming language (3) has been applied . . ."

where reference (3) is R Core 2004.

Now, the referee has pointed out that the expression "R computer
language" is not
to be encouraged, as R is an implementation of the S language.

How would the List rephrase my sentence above?

  I also use the phrase "R code", which the referee flags for rewording
(on similar
grounds to the above).

Any suggestions for this?

--